Friday, November 14, 2008

Frustrating Realtors, Pt. 2

As a follow up to Tanya's note about her conversation with the realtor, I have one of my own to share with you...

...ring,ring...

Realtor: (imagine a mass-hole on the day the Patriots have lost) Hell-o?
Me: Hi, I'm calling about a space for rent on Newbury
Realtor: Okay.
Me: Can you tell me more about it?
Realtor: What do you want to know?
Me: (silence) Uhhh....what's the size?
Realtor: 800 square feet. What do you want it for?
Me: a restaurant.
Realtor: Do you know how much it costs to open a restaurant??
Me: (annoyed) Um. Yes. How much is the rent?
Realtor: $7,000 a month -- it's too much.
Me: (annoyed) Well, we're looking at places that are $9,000 a month! Could you tell me the address?
Realtor: Have you opened a restaurant before? It's really hard to open a restaurant.
Me: We...uh...have...people...who...have...What's the address?
Realtor: (says address)
Me: I'm going to review the info you've given me and call you back. What is your name?
Realtor: So you've never opened a restaurant? It will be too much for you.
Me: Do you have a name?
Realtor: Paul.
Me: When is this available?
Paul: Now.
Me: Are you open to leasing in March?
Paul: That's really far - 7 months away.
Me: 5 months.
Paul: Too far.
Me: Okay. Well. Thank you.

No comments: